BLONDE NOISE

Static, chatter, and other hazy ramblings.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Flying high...

Dear Virgin America:

While I cannot abide the carryon luggage Nazis you had stationed at the gate when I was boarding my flight, and I do kind wish I wasn’t in a middle seat right now, overall I think you are a pretty good airline. The creepy cartoon Richard Branson making a joke about the Mile High Club, I could do without (the joke, I mean — I got no beef with the Mile High Club itself) -- but since I am not the mother of the four-year-old sitting in the row in front of me who had to try to explain what that means, I’m not going to get all up in your grill about it.

But also, thank you for letting me have the Internets while I try to endure the 5.5 hour flight from JFK to LAX in my middle seat. This is nice, especially since I was worrying about how to deal with the withdrawal from the new Facebook “Live News Feed” function. However, I am a little disappointed that I now actually have to work while I am flying, instead of watching “The Hangover” again, or napping, which is what I’d really rather be doing.


PS: Do you think the other people in my row would mind if I Skyped right now? I kinda want to...

No comments: