BLONDE NOISE

Static, chatter, and other hazy ramblings.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Nachos....

If you know me, you know that I love nachos. I really do. In fact, a really good movie theatre nacho platter? with the fake cheese that gets pumped out of a machine?? My idea of heaven. I eat nacho or nacho-esque food a hell of a lot more frequently than I’d care to admit. So I won’t....

Anyway, let’s talk favorite nacho recipes.

If, right now, you are saying “Huh??” -- Just listen...

I believe that a nacho -- to be truly worthy of the name — must be contain some variant of each of these three, core ingredients:

1) Cheese (duh)
2) Something starchy upon which to melt the cheese (chips, bread, curly fries***, matzo, Doritos...you get the picture)
3) Something “fresh” to provide a nice contrast to the starchy cheese (i.e., salsa, guac, jalapeños, etc., etc.)

Come to think of it, only 1 and 2 are absolutely mandatory. (See shameful “Movie Theatre Nacho Confession,” above..)

So anyway, what do you put on your nachos? What kind of cheese? Favorite toppings? Special tips?

Let me know...maybe we’ll have a nacho cook-off and the winner will win some sort of prize. We’ll see.

Cheers! XO,
M


***This past weekend my cousins and I ordered chicken wings at 2am from a place called “Grub Hub.” My cousin wanted “loaded fries” -- which turned out to be loaded, chili-cheese nachos on a bed of curly fries. It was the dirtiest food I have ever seen and I didn’t have any...a decision I have already come to regret. Also, the grub hub won’t stop spamming my in-box with NYC food delivery “news”....argh!!

No comments: